- US Dept. of Education – Office of Civil Rights opens a new window – Ensures equal access to education and promotes educational excellence throughout the nation through vigorous enforcement of civil rights.
- Disability.gov opens a new window – Designed to provide people with disabilities with the information they need to know quickly and easily. The site provides access to disability-related information and programs available across the government on numerous subjects, including civil rights, community life, education, employment, housing, health, income support, technology, and transportation.
- National Federation for the Blind (NFB) opens a new window – NFB is the nation’s largest and most influential membership organization of blind persons. The web site offers links to scholarships, literature and publications about blindness, aids and appliances, and the development and evaluation of technology.
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD) opens a new window – NAD is the nation’s premier civil rights organization of, by and for deaf and hard of hearing individuals in the United States of America. The advocacy scope of the NAD is broad, covering a lifetime and impacting future generations in the areas of early intervention, education, employment, health care, technology, telecommunications, youth leadership, and more. The NAD also carries out its federal advocacy work through coalition efforts with specialized national deaf and hard of hearing organizations, as well as coalitions representing national cross-disability organizations.
National Disability Support & Advocacy Resources
- Post author By Korey Singleton
- Post date February 15, 2023
- No Comments on National Disability Support & Advocacy Resources