- Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services (DARS) opens a new window – Collaborates with public and private sectors to provide and advocate for the highest quality services that empower individuals with disabilities to maximize their employment, independence and full inclusion into society.
- Northern Virginia Resource Center: For Deaf & Hard of Hearing opens a new window – Empowers individuals and their families through education, advocacy and community involvement.
- Virginia Assistive Technology System (VATS) opens a new window – Ensures Virginians of all ages and abilities can acquire the appropriate, affordable assistive and information technologies and services they need to participate in society as active citizens.
- Dept. for the Blind and Vision Impaired (DBVI) opens a new window – Committed to providing quality services to assist Virginia’s citizens who are blind, deafblind, or vision impaired in achieving their maximum level of employment, education, and personal independence.
- Brain Injury Services opens a new window – Brain Injury Services assists over hundreds of individuals and families in the Northern Virginia region who have experienced the devastating effects of brain injury, stroke, and concussion. They provide assistance through case management, specialized programs, and multiple support groups. Services extend throughout Northern Virginia, Fredericksburg, Winchester, and the surrounding counties.
Local & Regional Disability Support & Advocacy Resources
- Post author By Korey Singleton
- Post date February 15, 2023
- No Comments on Local & Regional Disability Support & Advocacy Resources